Document Management Solutions for Healthcare
Healthcare organizations of all types and sizes face economic, regulatory and competitive pressures. To maintain a competitive advantage, organizations must deliver high quality patient care while lowering operational costs. The typical office struggles with the physical space and labor required to manage and store patient charts, patient information forms, insurance claim forms, EOBs, treatment authorization forms, HR materials, and more.
Many healthcare organizations have recently implemented new HIS systems in order to create an Electronic Medical Record and to meet government requirements. On-Line Imaging has helped over 75 medical facilities digitize existing paper records. It also has been our experience that many of the systems recently implemented leave a gap in managing areas outside of the Health Information Department.
Our solutions assist you with taking the rest of your organization paperless while introducing automated workflow and electronic forms. We help the Business Office, Human Resources, Pharmacy, and Accounting departments become more efficient.
Common Healthcare Document Management Challenges:
- Provide simultaneous access to patient information across the provider enterprise.
- Enable productivity tracking and accountability, ensuring turnaround requirements are always met.
- Stream line Accounting and Human Resources processes
- Provide full text searching of paper EOBs
- Reduce paper, paper storage, photocopying, and faxing costs.
- Streamline compliance driven documentation requirements including HIPAA.
- Improve information security and document integrity.
- Allow multiple users to view files simultaneously
- Reduces costs associated with paper EOB storage
There are many compelling drivers in most organizations that alone justify the time and cost associated with deploying a document management solution. As a matter of fact, many organizations do a better job managing and securing their office supplies than they do their business-critical documents. Recent research has indicated that nearly 10% of an average office worker’s day is spent trying to locate existing information and documents.
On-Line Imaging was asked to implement a solution to improve efficiencies, manage growth, and introduce paperless processes for a 800-employee hospital specializing in Orthopaedic care.